Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Moving things around

I tried a few different things today after critique. The idea of putting Mackintosh's wallpaper pattern on the inside cover intrigued me, so I gave it a try on the title page and table of contents.

They seem a little more appropriate with the book theme than my "refined" version. Not only does the design feel organic, which is similar to the style of our book's featured designers, but it makes it so I don't have a black background - something I'm apparently drawn to. However, this would mean I cannot use this wallpaper theme on my cover page. 

I also tried this, but I'm wondering if it will be too repetitive. 


Since my bio is on the inside flap of my cover and my citations are all incorporated into my spreads, a blank page was left at the back. I thought it would be a nice touch to have a dedication page in place of the bio page.


2 comments:

  1. Looks good. Maybe the background pattern could be lighter? I am wondering how a lighter version might look under both pages of the Table of Contents double-page spread. Or maybe not...it could get boring. Or maybe the pattern on the Table of Contents could be under the line and not above on both pages. From what I'm seeing here, the page numbers might be too close to the spine. Print and fold to see. I like the endless experimentation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried increasing the opacity of the background pattern and spreading it throughout the entire Table of Contents page, but it seems to print in almost a light blueish tint. I'll bring the printed version to class tomorrow and see what you think.

      Delete