Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Cut & Paste, literally (Typography)


This is what I have been doing for most of my day.
Grid Layouts
I'm trying really hard to "fall in love with the grid," as my professors suggested...but it's really difficult to "love" something that requires cutting out word by word, placing it on a gridded paper, maybe moving it if you feel like it could go somewhere else and then scotch taping it in place.

We're supposed to come up with 15 different layouts that contain all the information provided, focusing on varying the hierarchy, emphasis, placement, etc.
The 16th layout we create is supposed to be intentionally, the worst layout we can create. Hopefully, mine don't all look like I've purposefully done a poor job.

I've completed 7.
Welcome to typography.

No comments:

Post a Comment