Monday, April 8, 2013

Box Designs

I had decided that my box design was going to be focused on holding, organizing, and providing a special place for my guitar pics.

I had a few design ideas that I decided to construct into prototypes:
My first box was extremely literal. It was in the shape of a guitar for the lid, while the body of the guitar would contain the pics.


My second box design was bowl shaped with a cut out lid. By having a curved inside, it would allow for me to slid the pics out without having to turn the entire vessel over and knock them out. Also, by having a lid that is cut out, it can be utilized as a handle as well.










My final box design was my favorite (and my critiqued favorite). Out of all of my designs, this one was the most complicated and difficult. The overall box is in the shape of a pic and divided into four sections: a lid, two rotating containers, and a bottom.
After building my prototype, I wasn't sure how I was going to create the pin/rod in my final wooden box, but I figured that the commons shop would be able to give me some options.




No comments:

Post a Comment