Monday, April 8, 2013

Guitar Pic Box Construction

I managed to accomplish a lot during class on Thursday.
I chose my woods to be Maple and Cherry, hoping that the lamination would create an interesting aesthetic to my box design
 So I glued them together
 Made sure it would glue nice and tight
And then let it sit for an hour

My next step would be to make the cuts for the overal shape of the box.
Since a pic shape is basically a rounded triangle, I started by making the general shape of a triangle with the intentions of rounding it in my next cuts.
Next, I made my rounded cuts on the bandsaw. Since the entire box shared the same overall shape, I then decided to power sand the entire thing to make sure it was the shape that I wanted.
I left class on Thrusday with a pretty cute looking piece of wood.


No comments:

Post a Comment